“Thank you for joining with Food for the Hungry to advocate for vulnerable children. When you share sponsorship you make a difference. Each person you invite to become a sponsor means that one more child will receive encouragement knowing that there is someone who is specifically praying for them and desires to have a relationship with them.”
- Ask your Pastor to share what sponsorship means to them personally.
- Share the FH Child Sponsorship video. Offering Hope
- Ask sponsors to share a letter or an experience in visiting their sponsor child.
- Set a goal for the number of children you would like to have sponsored.
- Bulletin insert with names of kids waiting for a sponsor.
- Thank you notes sent to Pastor, event coordinator with results and total number of kids being sponsored through their church.
Month of Sponsorship Promotion (4-5 minutes each Sunday)
- Set aside 2-3 minutes each Sunday for a brief promotion for one month
- Announce your goal for the month – update weekly – put in bulletin.
- Share FH Child Sponsorship Video: Offering Hope
- At the end of the month, recognize all of the new and existing sponsors.
- The following month host an open house to write a letters to the newly sponsored children. Invite new and existing sponsors to bring a photo of their family.
- Send thank you notes to the Pastor and event coordinator with results showing the total number of kids being sponsored through their church.
- Feature 3-4 children waiting for a sponsor
- Ask sponsors to share how sponsoring a child has transformed their lives.
- Share a video of visits with sponsored children from a recent trip (under 3 minutes)
- Pray for the sponsor children and their families. Ask sponsors to say their sponsored child’s name aloud as you are praying together, or bring a list of all the kids that were sponsored and mention each one in prayer.
- Ask sponsors to share a letter from a child.
- Share about the community from your most recent Community Update.
Suggestions for Set Up:
- Table to display packets
- FH Banner (ask your FH contact for more information)
- Info about the Community (display the most recent Community Update)
Volunteer Training Information
- Team Leader trains volunteers on filling out information in packet.
- Packets should not be given out without information card being filled out at the event.
- Encourage new sponsors to sign up for electronic funds payments, this is the most cost effective way to manage our sponsorship program.
- Remember the most important thing you can do is thank the new sponsors for their commitment to sponsor a child.
For more information go to: FAQ’s-About-Sponsorship