The following sections were designed for use with Session 1 of the FH Team Training Manual.
For Further Thought…
1. What are the ways through which you can go deeper with or minister to members of your home team?
2. The following Scriptures provide guidance on ways we should interact with team members.
- John 13:35 (“By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”)
- Ephesians 5:21 (“Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”)
- James 1:19-20 (“…Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry…”).
What could hinder you from interacting with your team members in this way? What are the practical things you can do to address those difficulties?
1. Watch and discuss the Juxta videos.
2. Start journaling about your experience now. For your first entry, write honestly to God about your reasons and expectations for being a part of this short-term team.
Here are ideas to get your started.
- Write a letter to God or yourself
- Ask yourself the following questions:
- Why is this trip important to me?
- What do I expect to learn?
- What has God shown me so far through my training and support raising?
- How will it change me?
- Draw a picture
3. Read Food for the Hungry’s Values in Appendix A. How can they apply to you as you serve on this short-term team?