The following sections were designed for use with Session 2 of the FH Team Training Manual.
For Further Thought…
1. Share one new thing you have learned about the country you are visiting.
2. What are some of the invisible aspects of American culture that we don’t always recognize? What are some invisible aspects of culture that you may encounter in your host country?
3. How might learning about the country help you to become a more effective short-term team member?
4. How can you best show humility and servanthood on your short-term team?
Cross-cultural specialist Duane Elmer gives Christians practical advice for serving other cultures with sensitivity and humility. He offers principles and guidance for avoiding misunderstandings and building relationship in ways that honor others.
2. Research the political background, history, geography, religion, language, weather and cultural traditions of the country in which you will be serving. Share with your teammates.